Affordable UF Badges
Courses that contain required material costing $20 or less per-credit hour will receive an Affordable UF Badge. Badges appear in the textbook adoption system indicated by an apple icon visible to students during registration.
- Course material costs are $20 or less per credit hour (including lab materials).
- Instructor certifies that all materials required for purchase will be used in course activities and assignments.
- Instructors receive the Affordable UF Badge to include on course syllabus and Canvas course site.
How do I participate?
When you submit your textbook adoption through the Textbook Adoption website, if your material cost is $20 or less per credit hour, you will have the option to choose to participate. In addition, you will be asked:
- In addition to any publisher content, are you using any of the following (select all that apply):
- You will also be asked to certify that all of the materials required for purchase will be used in the course assignments and activities.
What can I do with a badge?
If your course is eligible to receive the Affordable UF badge, you will be sent a digital copy of the designation. Your badge can be displayed in many places, including:
- your syllabus
- your Canvas site
- your email signature line
- digital resumes/CVs
- social media
- your website
Students will also see the badge in the course textbook requirements when registering.
Am I required to participate in Affordable UF Badges?
Participation in this program is voluntary.
Can I mix and match resources?
Course materials can be derived from multiple sources as long as the total cost of purchase (including lab materials) is $20 or less per credit hour.
Where can I get help with affordable course content?
Which courses are participating?
Check out courses that have been granted Affordable UF Badges.