Affordable UF Badges
Courses using materials costing $20 or less per credit hour are eligible to receive the Affordable UF Badge. The badge allows students to easily identify courses with low- or no-cost materials.
To qualify for the Affordable UF badge, and for compliance with Florida Statutes, please submit adoptions no later than the following:
- Summer 2023 adoptions: March 31, 2023
- Fall 2023 adoptions: June 30, 2023
How to Participate
- Submit your textbook adoption at the UF Textbook Adoption website. To be eligible for the badge, your submission must be made before the textbook adoption deadline.
- If you think your adoption meets the $20 per credit hour threshold, entered your estimated textbook costs in the “Affordable UF” section at the end of the textbook adoption form, and click “next.”
- After you submit your textbook adoption the Center for Teaching Excellence will review your course.
If your course is eligible to receive the Affordable UF badge, you will be sent a digital copy of the designation. Students will see the badge in the course textbook requirements when registering. Your badge can also be displayed in many other places, including:
- your syllabus
- your Canvas site
- your email signature line
- digital resumes/ CVs
- social media
- your website
Am I required to participate in Affordable UF Badges?
Participation in this program is voluntary.
Can I mix and match resources?
Course materials can be derived from multiple sources as long as the total cost of purchase is $20 or less per credit hour.
Where can I get help with affordable course content?
Which courses are participating?
Check out courses that have been granted Affordable UF Badges.